Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Dear Eric,

Happy Anniversary. It feels weird that you aren't here to say it back. This morning when I got out of bed, an earplug fell by my feet. I haven't worn earplugs since I've lived here. I take it as a sign you are with me. I know you are watching over me, guiding me, and keeping me safe.

Fall has always been my favorite season. That's why I chose a fall wedding. Ours was beautiful. Perfect in every way. I haven't been as excited for fall this year as I usually am. This year, fall marks yet another month you have been gone, and another season you will miss. I will always remember September 28, 2007 as the day you made me the happiest woman in the world. The day you made me your wife. Today is no exception. I have been kind of dreading this day because I knew I would be alone, no husband to celebrate our anniversary with. I can't really "celebrate" anymore, because its not really a celebration unless you're here.

It sucks feeling like I started something with you I will never get to finish. There are so many couples around me whose marriages are falling apart, or women who complain about their husbands. I just want to shake them and remind them how lucky they are to have found someone who vowed to spend the rest of their days with them. For most, that's a once-in-a-lifetime thing. For me at least. I will never get married again. I will never NOT be Mrs. Coston.

Happy Anniversary babe.

Love Always,
your babygirl


the "traditional" gift for 4 years of marriage is plants or flowers. Happy Anniversary my love. I hope your soul is at ease~

No comments:

Post a Comment