Saturday, April 30, 2011

easter & the grand canyon

Dear Eric,

Last weekend I celebrated my first holiday without you. It was Easter. I know we didn't really have any real Easter traditions, but it sucked not getting to make you an Easter basket this year and filling it with fun goodies and your favorite candy. My mom, Desi, Matt and I went to brunch with your mom after church. Then Desi, Matt and I took Max to my Dad's and swam in the pool, ate dinner, and shot a sniper rifle from the kitchen window into the backyard at a target. Lol - you would have LOVED it! All in all, it was a pretty good Easter, even though all I could think about was, "Why isn't he here?!?!"

Remember last Easter? We went to Coral Pink with Roc, the Lee's and the Taggart's. Remember hiding the eggs for the kids (and then helping Syd and Hannah to find them?) Oh, and the chocolate "poop" on Roc's toothbrush! Such a great Easter weekend, with great friends, riding quads in the sand. Waking up to snow that morning, and gazing at stars at night. Even the drive there and back were some great memories. Changing the tire on the side of the road.. omg so sketch! I will never forget that trip.

I also went to the Grand Canyon last weekend with your family. It was Steve & Kim, Matt & Kristina, Kent & Sophie, Todd & his wife, Jason and his girlfriend, and of course all the kids. There were 21 of us Costons! It was a truly amazing experience. The Grand Canyon was beautiful and magnificent. It was great spending that time with your family and bonding with them and the kids. Of course we all missed you and wished you were there to enjoy it with us. I thought about scattering some of your ashes there, but I'm not ready yet.

I just miss you so freakin much babe. I still can't believe you are gone and never coming back. I think about you every second of every day. I hope you know how much I love you and always will.

Love Always,
your babygirl~


sunset at the Grand Canyon 4.22.11



Easter at my Dad's - shooting guns in the house lol


Easter 2010 in Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment