Tuesday, April 5, 2011

today was a good day

Dear Eric,

Today was the first decent day I've had since you've been gone. I only cried once! It was a pretty productive day. I showered! I washed and curled my hair. I put on makeup. (Those few things right there are all HUGE accomplishments by the way.) I called Capital One to cancel your credit cards and pay everything off. I made Max an appointment for the vet tomorrow. I paid my parking ticket and some other bills. I did the final walk through on our apartment.

You know what I haven't been doing since you've been gone? Listening to music. Today was the first time I've put my iPod on. I'm not sure why. Music just hasn't sounded the same. But today it helps. All day I listened to my Slightly Stoopid Pandora station. Lots of reggae/rock type stuff. A lil Bob Marley, some Sublime, and of course your favorite, Jack Johnson. JJ will always remind me of you. I am so glad we got to go to that concert last September for our anniversary. I loved how he encored with our favorite song.

Anyway, this is my last week in Cali so I'm trying to get out and enjoy it a little bit. I took Max to the dog beach on Monday. It was weird being there without you. But I still feel your presence and it brings me comfort.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but today I feel like I will be okay.

I miss you so much it hurts~

Love Always,
your babygirl~


you took this pic of me & Max at the dog beach the last time we were there together in January, right around the time of my birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts that are well expressed.

    I can't tell you how many letters and e-mails I've composed over the years that were never sent. The very act of transferring your thoughts to the written word is therapeutic and healing.

    ReplyDelete